Life: The Soundtrack

Thursday, March 03, 2005

More Postmortem

Track/Stream: Notorious B.I.G. - Sky's the Limit

So I'm getting over the humor of my ex's husband's interest in my current girlfriend's boobular region..... naaaaaahhhhhhh, it's still funny.

But anyway, I'm going over some of the other stuff that went down. One of the more unusual points of the evening was Jeremy's monologue on sleeping with the torpedos on his sub. And by "sleeping with" I mean "sleeping curled around". And by "torpedos" I mean "large explosive devices with a long shaft". He went on to describe how he would cheat on his torpedos when he visited his friends by sleeping with their Tomahawks and his air-force friends' Sidewinders. I guess Andy had heard this story before, but Lynda and I both had expressions on our faces that made it obvious we were weirded out. A psychologist would have had a field day.

Another fun fact: While Andy and I were engaged, I made it clear that the only part of the wedding I cared about were the wedding rings. I insisted on a set made by an artists named George Sawyer who uses an unusual technique called Mokume Gane that makes the metals in the rings look like wood. I thought that this was a private thing that would be dropped once we broke up. I knew Andy ordered our wedding rings before the breakup, but I thought she'd send them back.

Lo and behold, she offered her hand to show me how the rings look in person. She retrieved Jeremy's ring and showed how they were mirror images of each other. I showed Lynda because I still ultimately want them and had told Lynda about it. I passed Andy's to Lynda and, while people were focused on that hand, I surreptitiously slipped the other ring on my finger. It was an exact fit.

I wonder if Jeremy knows he's wearing a wedding ring that was intended for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment