Life: The Soundtrack

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Riffing

Track/Stream: Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy

So after my call to Lynda (still in Florida) this evening, my roommates decide to get stoned. We were going through some jazz and blues music and came across Mannish Boy by Muddy Waters (think of the blues riff in Bad To The Bone). They started talking about how awesome it would be to have that riff on infinite loop.

So I jumped on the net, pulled down some shitty mp3 of a cover band playing it in a club, and slapped a 40 minute audio file together of nothing but the opening beat. There really wasn't much that 3 white guys freestyling could do, but we gave it our best shot.

I recorded the whole thing on my mp3 player. I've got blackmail material which is going into a black hole until Zack (Josh too, but mostly Zack) decides to get married (cue evil laughter).

The best part was when they decided that we couldn't do the vocals, so Zack went looking for his harmonica, which none of us have ever played. Yeah.... right....

Best Riffs

So there's a bunch of pubes in the bathtub.
Whenever Josh takes a shower
He also uses your soap
And you see those pubes ev-er-y-where
I got the.... pubes-in-the-shower bluuuuuuuuuuues
- Zack
Sittin on my ass
Doin' shit
I looked at the TV
And then I saw some tits
I said... "love those titties, baby"
I got none
I got the no-titties blues
- Josh
Three dudes sittin around
One of the dudes starts fantasizng about the other two dudes
That one dude gets his ass like totally fuckin' beat
duh duh duh duh duh
- Zack
(about Josh)

Chick comes out Zack's room cryin'
I was all muddled
Asked Zack why she left
Said "Damn bitch wanted to cuddle"
- Paul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment