Life: The Soundtrack

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Not a Good Sign

Track/Stream: Dieselboy - Beckoning

I didn't leave work until 4.30. After testing (which went well) they rolled the database back and couldn't bring one of the systems back online. I depended on that system, so I was forced to stay 3 hours later than I expected. Finally my boss asked why I was still hanging around. I told him that he had told me to stay. He made me wait another quarter hour, then let me go. On top of all this, he declined my request to take some of the comp time I have earned.

So I left the building listening to Linkin Park at a fairly loud volume. This isn't necesarily a bad sign, but it is a warning sign. On the way home I ran into several situations which exacerbated my mood. The first was with dumb tourists, then dumb NYU students, then with a flamboyant staff member at Barnes & Noble, then with a Barnes and Noble "Recommended Book" about Brad Pitt and Jenifer Aniston, then with stupid people walking on the sidewalk.

By the time I got home, my music had changed from loud Linkin Park to loud Dieselboy. This is like red sirens going off. It usually means I'm very close to completely blowing my top. And this evening I have a dinner with Lynda's cousin and his girl (who sounds like a total bitch), followed by a party in Brooklyn.

I'm already tired and pissy. I'm hoping I can keep it in check.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment