Life: The Soundtrack

Monday, February 14, 2005

Work - Nothing to Do

Track/Stream: SOMA-FM - Groove Salad

Work is going pretty slow today. My project is slushed right now. Technically it's not frozen as I'm still tweaking the odd value here and there, but for all intents and purposes the existing code is untouchable. Later today I'll do a release candidate build.

That's not going to stop me from working ahead though. We're slapping a FIX front-end on an existing electonic trading platform. For launch, we're looking pretty good. The only bugs I get are from jerks nit-picking on my grammar (I said "TLTC on 7 Lot(s), Out on 3 Lot(s)" on purpose, instead of "TLTC on 7 Lot(s) Out of 10 Lot(s)". They mean the same thing, but mine is the industry-standard way).

So now I'm doing three things:

1.) Implementing version 1.1 functionality (Already done, but blocked by pre-processing directives)

2.) Reviewing how long it will take to add some new functionality to my last project (probably an hour of work, but I'll list 4 hours to cover my ass)

3.) Playing Dominos, surfing blogs and reading up on the lesser-known areas of C#

I expect to write some posts through the day about what I've learned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment