Life: The Soundtrack

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Snowboarding @ Butternut

Track/Stream: The Crystal Method - Trip Like I Do

It's been a long time since I've gotten to strap my board on and throw myself down a mountain. Lynda, Andrew (her roommate) and I jumped in her car last night and drove up to his folks' place in Connecticut (note the convenient link to the state, in case you don't know what Connecticut is). After a short night's sleep we headed out to the slopes.

We hit Butternut, a small resort in Massachusetts (again linked for your educational goodness). They touted 22 of 22 runs open (2 runs are the bunny trail, and 1 is for innertubes). Lynda and Andrew both took a class, which left me free to go to the top of the mountain. I took a few long relaxing runs. Unfortunately there wasn't enough cover to go for a tree run, but there were some interesting natural terrain features, so I had some fun. I had a couple accidents including being nailed in the back by a ski and landing hard on my hip, but nothing too bad.

Afterwards we went back to Andrew's parents' place, hung out for a couple hours (just long enough for me to be victorious in a game of scrabble with some beauties like clime, ova, and vectors (on a triple word score)), then drove back to the city. I pulled second driving shift, so after dinner at Burger King (yum) I brought us home.

Gas and Food: $40
Lift Tickets/Rentals: $100
Breaking my MP3 Player While Boarding: Pricele...... wait a minute! That thing cost me $300!

Damnit!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment