Life: The Soundtrack

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Work - Waiting for a Contractor

Track/Stream: Guns N' Roses - November Rain

In a rather amusing move today, we realized that our company only has 3 employed .NET developers. One is a VP (who rarely deigns to program), one sucks (only knows VB.NET and doesn't understand complicated things like "application domains" and "for loops"), and the other is your's truly. Most of our development is in Java, but we've also got 5 .NET consultants.

So I'm hoping to take a week off soon, and it was decided that I should start teaching another developer how my program works. To be honest, there's a lot of truck-sensitive knowledge in there. So we start casting about for the appropriate person to tutor. Immediately both employees are removed from the pool (for obvious reasons).

So now I'm just waiting for upper management to assign my soux developer. In the meantime. I'm Googling old friends' names, just to see what pops up. Apparently Judd gave up on drama and programming and is, instead, a published doctor and journalist. David works for NASA, is a surgeoun in Australia, and works for Oracle. Gabe has started writing comic books, organizes charity races in Michigan, and plays guitar in a band in San Diego (it doesn't help that he shares the same last name as half of Mexico). James has more jobs than I could think up in a year (shares the same last name as half of China).

My friends need uniquer names.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment