Life: The Soundtrack

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Ex-Roommate

Track/Stream: Snoop Doggy Dogg - Gin and Juice

I was talking with Lynda about getting a laptop and it reminded me of a story. So, for your approval, I submit another in a series of...

Disturbing Tales of Computing-ing-ing-ing

A year ago I lived in Brooklyn with a guy named Mike. We had a deal with our next door neighbor where we ran a cable through the wall so we could get free internet (the building didn't support cable, we didn't have phone lines and he had DSL). In order to set up a network without running cables everywhere we had a wireless network setup. That also allowed us to resell service to neighbors (never pass up an opportunity to make some spare cash).

So it was a quiet Saturday. We were both hanging out in the apartment, nothing much going on. I think I was doing some random web surfing. Suddenly I get a short, simple instant message:

Hey, could you bring me some more toilet paper?

My roommate had taken his laptop into the bathroom and, I guess, ran out of TP.

For some reason it makes you feel really really unclean to get an Instant Message from someone actively taking a dump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment