Life: The Soundtrack

Friday, May 27, 2005

Titty-Bar Studies (New York Dolls)

Today is the final day of my employment at this "establishment" (I use the term loosely). In celebration, John and I went to New York Dolls (I promised Chris I wouldn't use his real name).

This is the first time I've been to a titty-bar in a long time, and certainly the first time during the day. I have mixed reviews.

On the one hand, it was interesting to be there when the place was almost empty (which is a miracle given that it's Fleet Week). The strippers were pretty much all lined up against a wall chatting amongst themselves.

On the other hand, it really sucks to get so much attention from so many strippers, especially knowing all they want is your money for a 30 second lapdance. About every minute we were approached by a new girl with pretty much the same offer (except for the once we were approached by an 8 foot giant who offered backrubs, but we don't think she was really a girl. At least, not originally).

Back on the first hand they do serve liquor, but back on the second hand that means they can't go nude.

My final verdict is the it's a place that delivers exactly what it advertises: slightly busted looking, plastic dolls.

2:30 PM on Fridays at New York Dolls - Not Worth It

Next week I'll review 2:35 PM on Fridays at New York Dolls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment