Life: The Soundtrack

Monday, March 28, 2005

Advice From the 'Rents

Track/Stream: Fatboy Slim - Weapon of Choice

A conversation with Lynda last night reminded me of a conversation between my mom and I a few months ago. I was still dating Dina and know I needed to break up with her. My mom was trying to give me advice.

Keep in mind, this was over the phone while I was at the office...


Mom:Let's do some role playing. Pretend I'm Dina
Me:Uhhhhnnnnn, I really don't think this is a good idea
Mom (as Dina):Paul? What did you want to tell me?
Me:I think we should stop seeing each other
Mom (as Dina):What? Why? What did I do wrong?
Me:You're horrible in bed
Mom (as Dina):But...
Mom (as Herself):Wait, what?!?!
Me:[Laughs]
Mom (as Dina):But I can learn. I can get better. You can teach me
Me:O...K... Role playing over

And this is why I keep my parents away from my girlfriends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment